FAPM Florida Mediators List
VAV Consulting Services, LLC
Professional Experience and Background:
• Collective Bargaining: Vice President of Labor Relations and Chief management negotiator for a major beverage company. Responsibilities included negotiating numerous union contracts throughout North America primarily dealing with The International Brotherhood of Teamsters, United Food and
Commercial Workers Union, and the United Industrial Workers Union (affiliated with the Seafarers Union), utilizing the concepts of Interest Based Bargaining in order to achieve win-win agreements.
• NLRB Union Representation Elections: Actively involved and successfully guided several NLRB Union Representation Election campaigns from a management prospective.
• Grievance Arbitrations: Prepared and presented cases to a multi-plant grievance committee, and assisted legal counsel in certain cases where legal counsel was utilized by the parties as part of processing cases to the arbitration step of the grievance procedure.
• Mediation: Florida Supreme Court Certified County/Circuit Civil/Family/Dependency/Appellate Mediator. Actively involved with mediating small claims cases in Orange County, Osceola County and
Lake County, FL. Acted as mediator for discrimination cases filed in the St. Louis District Office and Tampa Regional Office of the EEOC. Also, mediated/arbitrated consumer complaint cases for the Better Business Bureau in St. Louis. MO and Central Florida offices.
• Labor Relations Consultant: Counseled various levels of management on good labor relations practices in order to achieve and maintain harmonious relations with union officials.
• Plant Closures: Coordinated the closure of union plants represented by Teamsters in Pennsylvania and New York to the satisfaction of the employees and the union, and without incurring any Unfair Labor Practice charges.
• Beverage Production Operations Experience: Held various middle-management positions in manufacturing operations in the states of Missouri, Ohio, and Virginia for a major brewery in the United States which enhanced my knowledge as a labor relations professional.
• Adjunct Professor: Taught courses in business management at Christopher Newport University in Newport News, Virginia. Also, guest lecturer in labor relations at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio.
• Master’s degree in Labor and Human Resources from The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH concentrating on the area of Labor Relations.
• Master of Business Administration degree from Golden Gate University in San Francisco, CA
• B.S. degree in Business from Washington University in St. Louis, MO concentrating on the area of Industrial Relations.
• Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediators
• Florida Academy of Professional Mediators
• Certified Volunteer for Florida Guardian ad Litem Program
|Mediation Type||Area of Expertise||Circuit District||Member Type||Languages|
|County, Circuit, Family, Appellate, Dependency||Business/Commercial , General Mediation||5, 9||Regular|