Tom Kane has been involved in all aspects of civil litigation, appellate practice and mediation since 1975. From the time he became a mediator in 1999, he has mediated a broad range of civil disputes, including but not limited to:
- Employment Disputes
- Insurance Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Breach of Contract
- Commercial Disputes
- Medical and Professional Negligence
- Product Liability
Tom brings an enthusiasm to his role as the neutral facilitator and helps to get the parties engaged in the process of mediation. Born in Pennsylvania, Tom was raised in New Jersey, where he lived until he graduated from Rutgers College. Since 1972, when he moved to Miami for law school, he has considered himself to be a proud Floridian.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1975
- A.B. in History, honors graduate, Rutgers College, New Brunswick, New Jersey, 1972
BAR ADMISSIONS AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator, 1999
- The Florida Bar, 1975
- American Bar Association, 1975-2005
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 1975-1984
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association, 1979-1999
- Orange County Bar Association, 1975-2008
- Defense Research Institute, 1979-1999
- Brevard County Bar Association, 1975-1999
- Martindale-Hubbell AV rating, since 1983
2020: Panelist with Upchurch Watson White & Max
2001 to present: Mediation counsel with Mediation Services of Central Florida, Inc.
2000: Associated with Mediate First, Inc., a mediation practice in Orlando.
1985: Thomas G. Kane, P.A., which grew to a nine-attorney firm, specializing in personal injury law at the trial and appellate levels.
1977: Became a partner at Driscoll, Conrad, Langston & Layton, P.A., an Orlando firm specializing in civil trial practice and personal injury defense.
1975: Began practice in Orlando at Driscoll, Conrad, Langston & Layton, P.A.
Areas Of Expertise
- General Mediation
Areas Of Certification
- Circuit Civil Mediator
- Appellate Mediator