Melinda S. Gentile is a partner in P & A’s Construction Dispute Resolution and Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution practices, and serves as Chair of the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee. Leveraging her more than 35 years’ experience as a construction lawyer and commercial litigator, Mindy is a highly qualified Construction Arbitrator, Mediator, Neutral Evaluator, Dispute Board Member, Special Master, Fee Expert, and Private Resolution Judge. Known for her insightful and practical approach, she brings creative and visionary problem-solving skills to each engagement.
Mindy’s full-time practice involves resolving complex, multi-party disputes relating to the development, design, and construction of private or public projects and other general commercial disputes. Her deep understanding of the construction process and risk assessment enables Mindy to deliver thoughtful, creative, and impartial dispute resolution services.
An exceptional communicator with well-honed negotiation skills, Mindy effectively designs dispute resolution strategies to build consensus and assist parties in achieving success through voluntary resolution. Mindy is highly proficient in virtual platform-based dispute resolution processes. While serving clients previously as a construction litigator and advisor, Mindy’s experience included preparing and negotiating bid and project documents, advising through the project administration phase, and handling construction matters ranging from government procurement and bid protests to contract disputes, and from construction liens to defect, impact, bond, and insurance claims.
As she does now, Mindy has always recognized the importance of early identification and resolution of disputes during the construction process – actively assisting her clients in avoiding litigation wherever possible.
- Avila University, B.A.
- Florida International University, M.S.
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D.
- Supreme Court of Florida Circuit Civil Mediator
- Florida Supreme Court Qualified Arbitrator
- Florida Board Certified in Construction
- State of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Florida Bar (Construction Law Committee and ADR Committee)
- American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators
- Broward County Bar Association (Construction Law Committee)
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- The National Association of Women in Construction
- The Construction Association of South Florida
Areas Of Expertise
Areas Of Certification