Efrat Almog is experienced at mediation, negotiation, consulting and training. She is a NYU Polytechnic Business Management graduate and a Doctoral student in the Conflict Resolution Department at NOVA University in Florida, and is a Florida Supreme Court Certified County, Circuit Civil, Appellate and Family Mediator.
She is recognized as a Mediation Trainer by the Israeli Court Management and she teaches various courses to students in both colleges and universities, and lectures to companies and organizations in the related fields of Conflict Management, Conflict Resolution, Negotiation, Communication, Facilitation and Consulting.
Ms. Almog has mediated and negotiated in thousands of cases, advised and trained in many companies and organizations such as the Israeli IRS, Israeli Tax Authority, the National Insurance Institute, Hospitals, Municipalities and private companies.
In addition, she has served as a co-Judge at the labor court, and assisted in conducting a research for the US Congress regarding Workplace Mediation.
Ms. Almog’s unique experience and education in conflict management has given her an in-depth understanding of her clients' needs, that has helped her develop a conflict resolution process at an affordable price in terms of both dollars and emotional cost.
More importantly, this model was designed to make the transition to alternative conflict resolution more desirable than the traditional attorney-driven process.
- 2014-2017 - PhD studies, Department of Conflict Analyzing, Nova University.
- 2000 - 2004: PhD studies, Department of Negotiation and Dispute Resolution, Bar Ilan University, Israel.
- 2000- 2002: M.BA, NYU- poly, New York.
- 2017: Florida Supreme Court Certified Appellate Mediator.
- 2015: Florida Supreme Court Certified County Mediator.
- 2014-2015: Graduate Certificate-Advanced Conflict Resolution Practice – Nova University.
- 2014: Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator.
- 2014: Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit civil Mediator.
- 2013: Marriage Counselors and Relationship Workshops Facilitators.
- 2006 – 2013: Family Law, Faculty of Law, Bar Ilan University, Israel.
- 2012: IACP- Collaborative Mediation Practice certificate course.
- 2010: Directors Course, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel.
- 2006-2010: Negotiation, Arbitration, Family Law, Israeli Bar Association.
- 2003: Mediation and Family Mediation, Bar Ilan University, Israel.
- 2015- 2017 - Board Director - Sections Director– ACR - Association for Conflict Resolution.
- 2014- 2017 - Board Director in large - ACR
- 2013-present: CEO and founder of Gishoor LLC, Mediation, Coaching, Consulting and Negotiation Center in the US.
- 2003 - 2013: Founder and manager of "Efrat - Mediation and Negotiation Center". Three branches in Israel
- 2005 - 2013: Lecturer at Israeli colleges and universities on: Negotiation, Conflict Resolution, Mediation, Family Mediation.
- 2010 - 2013: Founder and Manager of a Community Mediation Center.
- 2005 - 2008: Co- judge, Labor Court.
- 2005: Mediation Training Certified by the Israeli Courts Management.
- 2004: Certified as a court connected mediator.
- 1991-2004: Founder and Manager of "Efrat - Training Services", Professional consulting, providing courses and workshops.
- 2015- FLAFCC- Planning Committee Annual Conference.
- 2015- 2016 - MBB - Israeli-American Task Committee.
- Presenter at the 2012 ACR Annual conference.
- Presenter at the 2013 APFM Annual conferences.
- 2009 – 2013: Producer of 6 Negotiation and Mediation Conferences.
- ABA: Conflict Resolution Section.
- ACR: Association for Conflict Resolution.
- IACM: The International Association For Conflict Management.
- PON: Negotiation Programs at Harvard Business School.
- IACP: International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
- APFM: The Academy of Professional Family Mediators.
- AFCC: Association of Family and Conciliation Courts.
- MBB: Mediators beyond Borders.
- Friends of Harvard Business School (HBS) Executive Education.
- 2012 - Lawyering Mediation, Perspectives on changes in Mediation -Focusing in lawyers’ entry into Mediation - Thesis research.
- 2018 - Tips for Conflict Management
Areas Of Expertise
- Family Mediation
- Business Mediation
- Workplace Mediation
Areas Of Certification
- County Court
- Circuit Civil
- Family Law