Ms. Moore attained a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1990. She then moved to Florida to attend Stetson University Law School. While studying law, she was a member of Phi Alpha Delta, a teaching assistant in the family law program of Gulf-Coast Legal Services, Inc., and a research assistant on issues relating to federal civil rights.
Ms. Moore received her law degree and the Paul Barnard Award for Clinical Excellence in 1993. Upon attaining her law degree, she became an Assistant Public Defender in Pinellas County where she tried numerous jury and bench trials representing defendants charged with traffic violations, misdemeanors, felonies, juvenile delinquency cases and those involuntarily committed under the Baker Act.
In 1998, Ms. Moore began private practice which has developed into a focus on family law matters. She has completed volunteer training with the Center against Spouse Abuse and has twice earned the Clearwater Bar Foundation Award for Pro Bono Legal Assistance.
Ms. Moore is currently a member of the Clearwater Bar Association, the Canakaris (Family law) Inns of Court, Next Generation Divorce collaborative practice group and the Tampa Bay Association of Collaborative Professionals. Additionally she has received admittance to the Florida Courts, the United States District Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
Ms. Moore has been an active member of the Florida Bar serving on the following committees and sub-committees:
- Continuing Legal Education Committee
- Family Law Section’s Rules & Forms Committee
- Family Law Section’s Support Issues Committee
- Family Law Section’s Split Parenting Sub-Committee
- Family Law Section’s Equitable Distribution Committee
- Family Law Section’s Marital Appreciation of Non-Marital Property Sub-Committee
- Family Law Section’s Transmutation by Co-Mingling Sub-Committee
Ms. Moore has also served on the Board of Directors for the Clearwater Bar and spent over two decades practicing law in Pinellas County and building relationships within the community.
- Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida, J.D. (1993)
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, BA (1990)
CERTIFIED LEGAL SPECIALTIES
- Family Law Mediation, Florida Supreme Court, 2009
- Board Certified in Marital and Family Law by the Florida Bar
- Florida, 1993
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1993
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1999
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Clearwater Bar Association, Member
- Canakaris (Family law) Inns of Court
- Co-Chair of the Collaborative Section of the Clearwater Bar Association 2016-2017
- Executive Director-Elect of the Canakaris Family Law Inn of Court 2016-2017
- Executive Director of the Canakaris Family Law Inn of Court 2018-2020
- Certified Family Law Mediator
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Family Law
- Equitable Distribution
- Parenting Plans
- Domestic Violence Injunctions
- Marital Settlement Agreements
Areas Of Expertise
- Family Law
Areas Of Certification
- Family Law