The Florida Academy of Professional Mediators, Inc. is a professional association organized to facilitate the exchange of knowledge, information and ideas between professionals in the field of mediation and alternative dispute resolution, and to promote the process of mediation as an effective and efficient tool for dispute resolution. Established in 1988, The Academy is over 1,000 members strong and has grown to become the largest professional association for mediation and dispute resolvers in Florida. For more information on Academy membership, please contact email@example.com.
The Academy is committed to:
Promoting adherence to the highest standards of professional competence and ethics
- Providing quality continuing education opportunities
- Educating the public about the value and benefits of mediation
- Providing a representative voice for mediators statewide on issues affecting the future of the mediation process in Florida
By joining The Academy you will:
Receive The Caucus, our newsletter, and timely E-Newsletters to keep up to date with ethics opionions, rule changes and new mediation laws
- Network with experienced mediators in your circuit to assist with mentoring, practice tips and local forms
- Be able to attend advanced training seminars at substantially reduced rates
- Have access to our online library of CME materials
- Receive discounted group rate for professional liability insurance
GROUP INSURANCE: Members of FAPM may apply for Mediator/Arbitrator Professional Liability Insurance from Complete Equity Markets as described at our webpage. Choose your state under “start an application” then click “start” next to your state, once in the application choose FAPM from a dropdown inside the application itself. For more information, contact Kaitlyn Hassall firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 323-6234, Ext. 472.
- Receive a frameable Certificate of Membership
- Be listed on our website with a link to your personal website, if desired. Optional enhanced biography, including a photo, is offered for a nominal fee
- Be invited to all Academy meetings, seminars, receptions and events
- Have the opportunity as an advanced practitioner, to aspire to a Diplomate, our highest level of membership
We encourage our members to become involved in one of our committees that allows them to take hands on and direct action impacting the area of their choosing.
- Administration and Finance
- Goals and Strategies
- Mediation Advocacy
- Professional Development
- Resource Development
- Technology and Website