Richard D. Eade practiced law for 14 years before being appointed to the Broward County Circuit Court bench in 1987. He served as a Circuit Court judge for the 17th Judicial Circuit for 25 years where he presided over cases in the civil, family, dependency and criminal divisions of the Court, most recently for 10 years in the civil division.
His mediation specialties include all matters which would come within the jurisdiction of the Circuit Court with an emphasis on personal injury, commercial, employment discrimination and FLSA cases. Florida Circuit Courts have often appointed Richard to serve as a neutral umpire in property insurance appraisals due to his extensive experience mediating property and casualty first and third party lawsuits.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, High Honors in Economics
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D.
- Certified as Circuit Civil Mediator by the Florida Supreme Court
- Circuit Court Judge, 17th Judicial Circuit of Florida, 1987- 2013
- Member of the Florida Bar
- Member, National Association of Distinguished Neutrals
- Assistant State Attorney, Broward County, 1982 – 1987
- Associate, Abrams Anton et al, 1981 – 1982
- Trial Partner, Eisenberg, Eade & Fish, 1979 – 1981
- Associate, Goodhart & Rosner, P.A., 1978 – 1979
Areas Of Expertise
- Personal Injury/Torts
- Professional Liability
- Special Master/Discovery Referee
- General Mediation
Areas Of Certification
- Circuit Civil